CLEANING PROTOCOLS IN A COVID-19 WORLD
During these challenging times with the COVID-19 Pandemic, we deem it essential to implement new sanitation guidelines and processes at our hotel in order to provide as safe an environment as possible for our guests and associates.
Here are some measures we have implemented to work towards a more sanitary and safe experience, for all:
- All of our staff have been trained on 'Universal Precaution' methods
- Housekeeping staff wears disposable gloves at all times during cleaning. Gloves are changed between the cleaning of each room.
- Housekeeping staff has been taught the proper method of removing gloves, and proper disposal to avoid cross-contamination
- Cleaning caddies and supplies are sanitized before use each day.
The housekeeping staff have been trained to look at the guest rooms differently and clean all of the areas that are touched regularly with disinfectant:
- Door jams, the sides of doors (just above the handle)
- Remote controls
- Sides of shower curtains
- Tops of headboards
- Electric sockets and around charging stations
- Chair frames
- Shower valves – (even behind the valve handles)
- Hair dryers - the body, plug, and cord
We have also implemented property wide processes and procedures to ensure the safety and cleanliness of our facilities
- Disinfect handles to mops, dusters, vacuums, toilet brushes, and spray bottles daily
- Disinfect the staff break room and all appliances, handles, and tables
- High touch areas such as elevator buttons, door handles/knobs and stairway railings are frequently cleaned and disinfected.
- Sanitize ice machine and ATM
OTHER MEASURES WE HAVE UNDERTAKEN:
- Modified breakfast procedures
- Spread breakfast tables so that they meet the safety distance standards that are currently in place
- We have discontinued holding luggage for guests at our front desk.